September 4, 2017
A sandwich, chips, and an apple…does this describe the contents of your lunchbox on most days of the week? It may keep you full, but it’s not exactly a thrilling lunch to look forward to.
At Chef Chic, we prefer to infuse lunches with flavor and creativity. If you’re preparing lunch for the new school year, a weekend picnic or work, consider our gourmet lunchbox ideas. We whip these up for our clients so lunch is always the best part of the day. We think lunch should be more than a break—it should be something to get excited about!
- Deconstructed Lunch: Skip the sandwich and stock a Bento Box with your favorites. Suggestions: slices of salami, crackers, carrot sticks, hummus dip and olives. For the adults, pair this with a bottle of white wine for a late-summer picnic in the park.
- Reimagined PB&J: Start with good-quality peanut butter or any nut butter you like. Top with fresh-fruit jams like rhubarb, strawberry, raspberry or grape. Add bacon, bananas, or even chocolate chips. Grill or press in a panini maker.
- Fall Soups: Invest in a good thermos and fill it with pumpkin chili, pureed squash and apple soup or chicken noodle soup (hint: this is the perfect way to quell any first day jitters). It’s also a good way to use up leftovers.
- Asian-Inspired Salads: Incorporate fresh ingredients from all over the world to create exciting salads you actually want to eat! We love this Asian Chicken Salad from Giada, featuring napa cabbage, Thai basil, sesame seeds and slivered almonds. Or, try soba noodles with peanut sauce.
- Sophisticated Salmon Salad: There’s nothing more elegant than salmon. Plus, it’s light, lean and full of heart-healthy fats. Make salmon salad (as you would tuna salad) using canned salmon and season it in various ways. Add curry powder, chopped apples, bacon and/or pecans. Serve with crackers or sourdough bread, or atop a bed of fresh greens.
Make Your Lunch the Envy of the Office!
Running low on gourmet lunchbox ideas? Chef Chic can make lunch the highlight of your week with these and plenty of other meal plans. If you’re already a personal chef client with us, ask us about adding lunch to your weekly meal plan. If you’re not a client yet, contact us here to inquire about starting meal service.